- Course Policies & Registration Information
- Supporting Students with ASD in your Classroom (An Online Course for Teachers)
- Introduction to ASD - Practical Applications course
- Introduction to Applied Behaviour Analysis: Part 1, Instruction course (ABA-01)
- Non-violent Crisis Intervention (CPI) training - NEW!
- Regional Courses
- About Us
Emma Moses (POPARD Education and Behaviour Consultant) discusses how communication development in a young child with an autism spectrum disorder (ASD) is different compared to that of a neuron-typical child. Many children with ASD benefit from specific techniques to enhance language acquisition. These techniques will be discussed with regards to the specific learning style and communication style children with ASD. Many of these basic strategies can be implemented in the home, pre-school and school environments.