- Course Policies & Registration Information
- Supporting Students with ASD in your Classroom (An Online Course for Teachers)
- Introduction to ASD - Practical Applications course
- Introduction to Applied Behaviour Analysis: Part 1, Instruction course (ABA-01)
- Non-violent Crisis Intervention (CPI) training - NEW!
- Regional Courses
- About Us
This eLearning lesson will provide you with an overview of a school team’s professional development experience and outcomes.
POPARD Education and Behaviour consultant, Joanne Marshall, had the opportunity to work with this school team to provide a series of professional development workshops and to facilitate collegial conversations and problem solving to assist them in developing common practices in order to effectively support students with autism. This school team was supporting at least one student with autism in each class.
We hope that this eLearning lesson encourages you and your school team to consider the value of ongoing school-wide professional development opportunities to develop your own “home grown” solutions for effectively supporting students with autism. The benefits can be surprisingly far reaching as, at this school, having a common approach and strategies also proved to benefit all the students and contributed to increased collaboration among the school team.