The goal of this task is for the student to count items in the bag and write the number on an inventory card. This task targets a number of skills including counting, writing, and labelling, and could become a component of a student’s work system.
- Everyday objects
- Ziplock bags
- Dry-erase marker
- Inventory cards
- Student instructions
- Print inventory cards (see downloads) and laminate them
- Fill ziplock bags with items to count and an inventory card
- Put the filled bags and a dry-erase marker in the work bin
- Simplify the task by writing the names of the objects on the inventory cards ahead of time so the student only needs to fill in the number.
- Make the task more difficult by increasing the number of objects.
- The task can be done in reverse by filling out the inventory cards and having the student fill the bags with the specified number of objects.
This task was adapted from Tasks Galore by Laurie Eckenrode, Pat Fennell, and Kathy Hearsey (2003)
Tasks Galore (Revised Edition)