Telling time is an abstract concept to learn and may be challenging for students with ASD. However, once acquired, students may show reduction in anxiety due to increased predictability and the opportunity to know when to expect certain events.
The following task requires student to read time from the digital clock and to represent the same time on the analog clock. In the template “o’clock” and “half past” are included.
- Digital times and analog clock template
- Writing supplies
- Print (laminate optionally for re-use) the templates
- Cut out the blank analog clock and digital clock
- Place them in separate zip lock bag to ease the manipulations
- Teaching time recognition (using both digital and analog clock) is required as a pre-requisite skill before this task can be used in a work systems set up