Why can’t I get the e-learning videos to load? I only see a white screen.
This can be due to a variety of different factors. One possible solution could be to try using a different browser (e.g. Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Firefox, Safari, etc).
How are Parents Involved?
When POPARD receives a referral for a specific student with ASD, parents are involved in all steps of the process. Before POPARD will become involved, parents must provide informed consent. POPARD considers parents as essential partners in developing an effective student support plan. Once the district decides when the student will be seen, the District Partner contacts the parents to notify them of the date of the consult and to invite them to the team meeting. Before the consult, the POPARD consultant assigned to the district will contact the parents to ask for their input, to hear their concerns, priorities and suggestions. At the team meeting, parent participation is valued. Any recommendations or plans agreed to by the team will be distributed to the parents in a written report.
How does POPARD decide what services to provide in each district?
All districts in BC are provided with a number of days they can use each year. Each district assigns a District Partner who coordinates the POPARD services they would like to receive. For student referrals, it is the district, via the District Partner, not POPARD, who determines which students will be seen by POPARD. Educators who would like to receive support or training are asked to speak to their local District Partner.
What services does POPARD provide?
- Student consultation focuses on the needs of an individual student with ASD and their team with the goal of creating a do-able implementation plan.
- Extended consultation, recommended for complex situations.
- Classwide consultation focuses on building the capacity of the teacher and improving the overall learning environment for the benefit of all students.
- Program consultation focuses on building the capacity of an itinerant or schoolbased resource teacher, specific to their professional role.
- Implementation support follows our consults in order to support implementation of strategies and plans.
- Introduction to ASD, Practical Applications
- Introduction to ABA, Part 1: Instruction
- Supporting Students with ASD in your Classroom: an online course for teachers